Our Vision and Values
Our overall vision is that by 2020 the people of the Western Isles will be living longer, healthier lives at home or in a homely setting.
For people affected by dementia, our vision is that by building on a person’s abilities, we will deliver high quality, person-centred care to enhance independence and wellbeing in their own communities.
Western Isles Health and Social Care Partnership abides by the values of partnership, collaboration and cooperation across NHS Western Isles, Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar, the third and private sectors. We subscribe to a set of values based on the human rights of the people who use our services, including:
- Respect for the inherent dignity and worth of all individuals.
- Promotion of individual autonomy including the freedom and support to make one’s own choices.
- Support to ensure full and effective participation and inclusion in society.
- Respect for difference and a desire to respond to individual needs.
- Equal access to resources, services, information and opportunity.